EN – Kairós
KAIRÓS is a team of committed professionals with a recognised trajectory in the world of education that works with Governments, Universities and Institutions to carry out processes of educational innovation and transformation.
We are committed to supporting and encouraging the changes that are urgently needed in education, for which we work with the authorities, management teams, researchers, teachers, students, communities and peoples of the world in response to the new challenges that education faces to be effectively a key factor of sustainable development.
Kairós is recognized and has prestige at an international level as an alternative to carry out educational processes to face the challenges of the 21st century, promoting the people and groups to develop personally and professionally, through an education relevant, quality and service to build a diverse humanity.
To contribute from the transformation of education to the global economic and social development and countries, making people the protagonists of their life processes and their destiny, with values and capacities to be promoters of social change and sustainable development.
- To promote a global movement for the transformation of education.
- To constitute a global forum for discussion, analysis, study and proposals on the future of education in the world, in regions, in nations, in communities and peoples
- Contribute to the design and implementation of public policies: global, regional and national in education and sustainable development.
- Promote education as a pillar for social, economic, labour and business change, of the community, the country and the world from the criterion of sustainability.
- Commit to relevant and quality education, intercultural and inclusive, focused on the challenges of the 21st century for all students from the equality of opportunities and non-discrimination.
- Favour a strategy that empowers all educational actors as protagonists of change (schools, teachers, students, families, communities, etc.)
- To make a contribution to the strengthening of the pillars of education and their adaptation to the realities of the 21st century (learning to be, to know, to do and to live together).
- To promote an education focused on the learning and needs of the student.
- Promote a quality education for all, an education that takes advantage of and applies technological, didactic and pedagogical innovations to ensure that no student is left behind.
- Support educational planning and evaluation processes
- To identify and spread the key labour competences for the 21st century that allow all people from their own perspectives, without any distinction, to reach their maximum potential from the development of creativity, innovation, leadership and entrepreneurship through a model of learning their competences.
- To help each person reach the best version of himself, materializing his life project, contributing to the development of his community, his people, his country and the world.
- Redesign the objectives of education based on logic: a student / a talent to be cultivated / a vital project to be built and put into practice.
Principles and values
- Knowledge, education, science, technology, art, culture, sport and the dialogue of knowledge in a multi-ethnic, multicultural and multilingual world must be the basis, in this new era, mainly post coronavirus, for the construction of a new society where peace, justice, equity and equality, solidarity and sustainability prevail.
- Exchange, relations and international cooperation must be aimed at reducing the current gap between regions, and within regions and countries, on the basis of solidarity, respect for diversity and sustainability.
- Education must be inclusive and the fundamental means for the full realization and development with justice, dignity, respect, prosperity and good living of individuals, families, communities, peoples, countries, regions and the entire world.
- We reaffirm the postulate that education is a social public good, a human and universal right, a responsibility of all actors involved and a duty of States.
- From KAIROS, we endorse the postulates of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights on freedom, equality and human dignity, so, as not to leave any person back, as well as the principles and declarations of Education promoted by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) those set out in the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development and, in particular, Goal 4.: "Ensure inclusive, equitable and quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all. We further recognize the cultural diversity of peoples and the need to seek appropriate educational solutions to the social, environmental and economic conditions of each context.”
KAIRÓS is an organization made up of education professionals with a solid social commitment to contribute to educational innovation and transformation, without ideological or political ends, where the crucial issues of education and sustainable development.
To participate in KAIRÓS is, consequently, to join the world of ideas and concrete actions to generate a scientific, technological, ethical and responsible contribution to education for the sustainable development of humanity.
Enhancing science, technology and knowledge to build a better society
The Technological Revolution and the Fourth Industrial Revolution are a present reality and have benefits and risks. If we do not empower them for good, to build a new and better society for all, there are those who are already using it, and they will do more efficiently every day, to make prevail and expand a model of injustice, inequality and exclusion to produce and use means of threat, death and destruction.
As Kairós, we are committed to work at a macro and micro level, at an international, national, regional, community and institutional level to promote knowledge, education, science, technology, art, culture, sports and knowledge to build, to preserve and improve life, to live well, to build a better society for all. In order to move forward in that direction, in this changing era, it is necessary to transform education as a fundamental means for the full realization and development with justice, dignity, respect, prosperity and good living of individuals, families, communities, peoples, countries, regions and the whole world.
1. To respond to the new realities of the technological revolution
2. An educational Plan to face the challenges of the Fourth Industrial Revolution
3. A new education committed to the development of our countries to address the new needs of the economy, production, work and sustainable development, according to the projections of their transformation.
4. A change of paradigm capable of responding to the challenges of education
5. An education to create material and immaterial wealth in the service of social justice and equal opportunities
6. A new education based on knowledge, know-how, techniques, and information and data as fundamental material.
7. The whole challenge is to produce in a massively, openly and democratically way creative, innovative, enterprising and leading people.
8. We have developed a method for training teachers and students in the key competencies set out in educational laws, which serve, among other things, the development of creativity, innovation, entrepreneurship and leadership.
9. The objective of the educational proposal is to accompany each student in order to build his or her vital project around a new learning itinerary, using the MOOC modality.
10. Organization of the Plan from the Project Based Learning methodology (ABP).
11. A Plan to re-signify education by strengthening the role of schools, teachers, the community and its empowerment to lead the new education.
12. Areas of work addressed by the Plan and in educational centres, teachers and students are the protagonists.
Kairós coordinator team
Miembros de Kairós
Federico Mayor Zaragoza
Científico, académico, político, diplomático y poeta. Director General de la UNESCO desde 1987 hasta 1999. Actualmente es Presidente de la Fundación para una Cultura de Paz y miembro de la Junta Honoraria del Decenio Internacional para la Promoción de una Cultura de Paz y No Violencia para el Children of the World, así como Presidente honorario de la Académie de la Paix. Miembro de la Comisión Internacional de la Carta de la Tierra y Presidente del Consejo Científico de la Fundación Ramón Areces. Fue Ministro de Educación y Ciencia del Gobierno de España y Diputado en el Parlamento Europeo.
If you are passionate about the world of education and want to participate in the activities we organize, access documents, publications and events; join the Kairós community now.